Re: [ap-ug] Change of Group Ownership

Terri Zittritsch

Derek and now Marj, thank you for supporting this resource..    Seems a good community willing to share their expertise with others and doing so without a lot of drama.

Terri

On Oct 16, 2019, at 10:34 PM, Marj marj@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I am already working on the migration – refreshing my memory about groups.io. Derek and I have been communicating this evening and, as he mentioned, I am now a moderator so that we can migrate the information from this site to the  new one.

We will have more information in coming days.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:18 PM
To: ap-ug@...; ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: [ap-ug] Change of Group Ownership

And thank you, Derek for all you have done and supported our little Midwest optical shop and mount emporium all these years. We have grown tremendously since the groups first started and will continue into the future, (God willin' and the creek don't rise).

I do hope to migrate into something more stable and accessible, but right now I'm up to my eyeballs in work (and that includes all of us here): refractors, more 10" Maks and the Mach1 mount which will be shown in its entirety at AIC.

Roland Christen

aka Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-ug <ap-ug@...>; ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Wed, Oct 16, 2019 9:08 pm
Subject: [ap-ug] Change of Group Ownership

Hi everyone:

On June 30, 1999, a group of us decided that we needed to start two group to discuss AP products, one for telescopes (ap-ug) and the other for mounts (ap-gto).  Thanks to Roland and his amazing company, the groups have grown to several thousand members apiece, with a lot of great information and photos shared between members.  Since Roland does not participate in some of the major online forums, these groups continue to be a great source of information.

Over the last few years, my job has become incredibly busy so I can no longer run the groups by myself.  We have been fortunate to have the folks at AP helping with management.  With the imminent changes to Yahoo Groups, it is time to migrate to a new platform.  From now on, AP will officially own and run its groups.  I look forward to joining the new groups and continuing to marvel at all the great products AP puts out as well as the images from the talented astrophotographers in the group.  As for myself, I am going to enjoy my AP Mak…I got on the list just after the groups started and just got this beauty in July. 

Derek

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.