Re: AP mount with TSX not usable for ISS tracking ?

steven ho

APCC pro can track the ISS.

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of drgert1@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 9:30 PM
To: ap-gto@... <ap-gto@...>
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: AP mount with TSX not usable for ISS tracking ?

Hi All,

Wondering if the list of potential softwares can be sorted into those that require a camera and those that don't. TSX seems to not need a camera, which is nice. Just tracking (not guiding) open loop with some sort of user feedback (do I hear joystick?) to center ISS in the eyepiece is very user friendly (once it works) I can even think of allowing switching eyepieces to beef up magnification while the flyover is happening.

Requirement to guide by using a camera requires extra hardware effort. If one would want to record the ISS now one needs two cameras. And running all that form one laptop gets crowded.

What's the common sense here?

Thanks & Clear Skies,
Gert