Re: Remote desktop software weird behavior

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

This may have been addressed already so apologies if I'm chiming in with an old idea. If you set up a password in TV and use the local IP address to connect, you should not get these messages. I only (so far; hope I'm not jinxing myself) get this message (and rarely) if I log into my observatory computers via the Internet. If I stay within my LAN, no issues. And my sessions run all night uninterrupted.

I used to not bother with the password which meant I had to write down the password displayed on the remote machine and it changed every time I rebooted. So then I'd have to walk out there (seems far in the mid-winter dark) or dial in via the Internet and THEN I'd get these warnings. Now I don't get warnings at all.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 at 01:19, Cheng-Yang Tan cytan299@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

I’m not as patient. I deleted TV from my laptop and Mac and went back to TightVNC. I might use TigerVNC instead if the latest version of TightVNC drops connections between my Mac and laptop — which was my original reason for moving to TV to begin with.

Also, the 5 min and not disconnecting TV if not commercial use seems to have been “fixed” in the latest version of TV. The prior version, at least for the 0.5 hours I was using, did not kick me off after the warning. But after the upgrade (I did it hoping that the latest drop would stop the commercial use pop up, but it didn’t) the 5 min rule is enforced. So Matt, you might not want to do an upgrade.

Anyway, I’ve moved back to the VNC universe.

cytan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, October 4, 2019, 12:00 AM, Bill Long bill@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I filled out the form they have on their site to fix accounts that are improperly flagged, and they fixed mine in 3 days.