Re: Helix - 200 hours of data

Bill Long

Agreed on all fronts. I'd have to travel top image it myself

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of Stuart Heggie stuart.j.heggie@... [ap-gto] Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 11:28 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Helix - 200 hours of data

Processing discussion aside, it is a pretty amazing looking shot! I too didn't appreciate this full extent of the Helix before. Alas, way too low for me to try for.

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 at 23:12, slawomirlipinski@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Sharing my latest narrowband image of the Helix, taken with my trusty Mach1 controlled by SGP - set up in the afternoon, polar align at dusk and pack up in the morning. Easy-peasy.

Some basic info:

-> The image is a blend of 0.55 HA_SNO + 0.1 HA_HNO + 0.35 HA_HSO. I know, not really scientific.

-> Integration (203 hours):

HA = 194 x 900s + 157 x 1200s
OIII = 124 x 900s
NII = 88 x 900s
SII = 167 x 900s + 22 x 1200s

-> 4" refractor, ICX 814, coastal location 20deg South of the Equator.

-> The background looks a bit gritty, but the data is extremely stretched, since background st.dev in all masters was only about 1 ADU.

Astrobin: https://www.astrobin...q9xl7a/?nc=user

High resolution: https://cdn.astrobin....6_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Thank you for looking

Suavi