Re: Helix - 200 hours of data

Roland Christen

That is pretty amazing! Never knew there was so much stuff surrounding the Helix.

From: slawomirlipinski@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sun, Sep 29, 2019 10:12 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Helix - 200 hours of data

Hi all,

Sharing my latest narrowband image of the Helix, taken with my trusty Mach1 controlled by SGP - set up in the afternoon, polar align at dusk and pack up in the morning. Easy-peasy.

Some basic info:

-> The image is a blend of 0.55 HA_SNO + 0.1 HA_HNO + 0.35 HA_HSO. I know, not really scientific.

-> Integration (203 hours):

HA = 194 x 900s + 157 x 1200s
OIII = 124 x 900s
NII = 88 x 900s
SII = 167 x 900s + 22 x 1200s

-> 4" refractor, ICX 814, coastal location 20deg South of the Equator.

-> The background looks a bit gritty, but the data is extremely stretched, since background st.dev in all masters was only about 1 ADU.

Thank you for looking
Suavi