Re: Two instances of Astro-Physics V2 driver open

topboxman

Ray,

When I saw two instances of A-P V2 ASCOM driver with Voyager and PHD2, this was about 3 or 4 versions behind the latest version. It's possible Voyager developer quietly fixed it in later or latest version.

Now, I am not seeing multiple instances of A-P V2 ASCOM drivers anymore with Voyager's latest version.

Voyager appears to be an excellent software and I am trying it out to test it's auto focusing to see if it's better or more consistent than SGPro.

Will find out as soon as I can.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <groups3@...> wrote :

> Would you mind in giving me a good reason why I shouldn't turned off the Windows UAC for my dedicated
> astronomy computer without the fact that some intrusive softwares may harm my files. Never got problems with
> UAC that was off since many years. A good mind refresh will be welcome. :-)

There are many good reasons to leave UAC on, including the possibility of Ransomware locking and encrypting all your O/S, software, and images. This can happen even without an internet connection if you install infected software.

But, you do have everything backed up, including license keys, right? :-) It might only take a day or two to reinstall Windows and apps and get everything reconfigured. If you are prepared for that possibility then go ahead and keep UAC disabled.

BTW, IMO Voyager should not require admin rights. Almost all other astronomy apps do not require admin access. Someone should ask the authors what specifically requires admin rights (I wonder if it is the licensing software they use).

-Ray Gralak