Re: Two instances of Astro-Physics V2 driver open

topboxman

Is it bad to have two or more instances of A-P V2 ASCOM driver open?

I have switched to Voyager automation software but not yet image with it. I also see two instances of A-P V2 ASCOM driver. Never saw this with SGPro. I have been learning to use Voyager indoors.

Here is what I did:

1) Double click Voyager icon on Desktop screen.
2) Open "Startup" window of Voyager.
3) Click on "Connect" to connect all devices (mount, camera, focuser, PHD2, etc.).
4) It first connects to my A-P1100 mount and the instance of A-P V2 ASCOM driver is opened.
5) Eventually Voyager will start PHD2 and connects to my A-P1100 mount and the second instance of A-P V2 ASCOM driver is opened.

So what did I do wrong?

Reverting back to SGP, only one instance of A-P V2 ASCOM driver is opened including both SGP and PHD2 connecting to A-P1100 mount.

I think I blame it on Voyager for now. But what is the danger of having multiple instances of A-P V2 ASCOM driver open? For example, if I have two instances opened and want to set Meridian Delay to 6 hours in one instance, would the second instance see the new Meridian Delay setting from the first instance or would I have to also set Meridian Delay in second instance to match the first instance?

I have never ever deal with this "administrator" crap before in my over 30 years of working with Windows and I don't always fully understand the meaning of it.

Peter