Re: Using the GTO keypad with the Mach2

topboxman

I use A/C setup along with my Battery Box as a backup in my backyard by using this cool Power Gate device:

along with:

The Power Gate is a dual function of UPS and battery charger. Under normal circumstance, A/C power supply (14.1VDC) is used to supply power to my astro gears while the Power Gate charges the battery (from power supply via Power Gate). It could not be easier. If there's a power outage, the Power Gate auto-magically switches to Battery power and continues to provide 12VDC power to astro gears without hiccups.

One time, during imaging session in my backyard, I accidentally and unknowingly kicked the power cord out of the outlet outside killing the power to the power supply but no problem because the Power Gate switched to connect the battery to my astro gears and worked all night.

Here is a bad photo of my Battery Box with Power Gate on top of Battery Box:

It looks messy in the photo but it's really simple and clean.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <theresamarie11@...> wrote :

Thanks guys for the suggestions.  I have essentially the same setup (different source for my meter) on my battery setup.   It includes a shunt so I have current load, voltage, and power readings.

What I don’t have is the same for the AC setup, so I can consider this A-P product for the AC setup.     But I suspect the Mach2 is going to work so well, that I’m going to forget it’s even there and place my focus on the other 999 things that can go wrong with astrophotography.    The whole idea of forgetting about the mount is something I’m really looking forward to.

Terri

On Sep 19, 2019, at 5:39 PM, 'Woody Schlom' woody@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Bryan,

Yeah, I have one of these too. They’re great – and so simple once you’ve converted all your power cables over to PP.

Woody