From: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ap-gto@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:54 AM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Tracking and guiding with and without encoders - Part2

Roland - so you are saying Total RMS will improve with encoders. Back to the original question; how much
improvement is there in Total RMS for guided imaging with typical 2-3 second guide intervals?

In limited testing I haven't noticed any improvement in Total RMS with PEC on vs. off, which is why I have doubts
encoders will improve Total RMS much, if any. That's with an excellent PEC curve that almost eliminated PE.
Seeing seems to be the limiting factor. Fast oscillations, backlash, and PE are negligible.

Chad