Re: Tracking and guiding with and without encoders - Part2

Chad A

Roland - so you are saying Total RMS will improve with encoders.  Back to the original question; how much improvement is there in Total RMS for guided imaging with typical 2-3 second guide intervals?

In limited testing I haven't noticed any improvement in Total RMS with PEC on vs. off, which is why I have doubts encoders will improve Total RMS much, if any.  That's with an excellent PEC curve that almost eliminated PE.  Seeing seems to be the limiting factor.  Fast oscillations, backlash, and PE are negligible.

Chad