Re: Recomended guiding software

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

You can use a post exposure script to dither with MaximDL and the PHD2 Dither App:

https://openphdguiding.org/phd2-dither-app/

Just create a script calling this program and set it as the post exposure script in the sequence setup.

When your script is run Maxim will pass it the full path to the filename of the image just taken.

By parsing out the index of the filename you can then do "dither every N" frames if you want.

Not the most obvious solution but I found PHD2 was a better solution for guiding for me than using Maxim so it was worth figuring out.

Michael Fulbright

On 9/14/19 12:20 PM, Bill Long bill@... [ap-gto] wrote:

I use PHD2. I get good enough performance from it and it works great with the automation software I use ( Starkeeper Voyager).

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of Claude Benoit isphotoman@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:28 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Recomended guiding software

Hello, I just purchased an AP1100 AEL and have been using MaximDL 6.2 for image acquisition and guiding. I was wondering what most people use for guiding with their AP AE mounts? I have been using MaximDL on my non-AP mount because it can dither. I'd prefer to use PHD but dithering with MaximDL is more difficult and haven't figured out how to do it. 

One of the issues I had with my non-AP mount was the dithering recovery time took a few minutes, I never could figure out how to make it quicker. I don't foresee this to be a problem with the AP mount.

In any case this is a question about what software you use for guiding the AP 1100 with AE and why?

Thanks in advance
Claude

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.