Re: Recomended guiding software

Bill Long

I use PHD2. I get good enough performance from it and it works great with the automation software I use ( Starkeeper Voyager).

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of Claude Benoit isphotoman@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:28 AM
To: ap-gto@... <ap-gto@...>
Subject: [ap-gto] Recomended guiding software

Hello, I just purchased an AP1100 AEL and have been using MaximDL 6.2 for image acquisition and guiding. I was wondering what most people use for guiding with their AP AE mounts? I have been using MaximDL on my non-AP mount because it can dither. I'd prefer to use PHD but dithering with MaximDL is more difficult and haven't figured out how to do it.

One of the issues I had with my non-AP mount was the dithering recovery time took a few minutes, I never could figure out how to make it quicker. I don't foresee this to be a problem with the AP mount.

In any case this is a question about what software you use for guiding the AP 1100 with AE and why?

Thanks in advance
Claude