Re: issue with APPM

Tyrel Smith

I had this not too long ago as well. I set a 2 degree RA offset and that solved the problem for me. Otherwise the mount kept meridian flipping over and over and over and took forever. With the RA offset it measures all points on one side of the meridian, then the other. Don't know if this is a sanctioned method. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better understanding/solution.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:14 PM cafdeefdcma7pr2oqcs7pdfwwxd2v3a2pn4oexfg@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I am having an issue when trying to run point mapping in APCC Pro and was wondering if anybody has seen this behavior before. It starts by plate solving a point near the zenith. That works fine. Next it slews to a point near the southeast horizon. That works fine too. Then it slews all over the sky for several minutes. It actually can take around 4 to 5 minutes before it finally ends up at a second point which it solves  and then once again slews all over the sky for another 4 ro 5 minutes before solving a third point. I tried to do a large point mapping run and the sun started coming up before I could finish. This has happened on several nights when I've tried to run a large model. I live in Florida so this time of year I get very few clear nights to try this especially due to my work schedule. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks,

          Scott