Roland, thanks again for your response.

Is your comment on -25 F a storage temp issue or just an operation issue?    I typically leave my setup in the garage (roll it in and out) between imaging sessions for single objects.   Where I am in Vermont it doesn’t go to -25 F all that often or even yearly, but it can go there.  I don’t think this would be a big issue.. when the temps are in this range I’m probably not going to be leaving anything outside anyway.      Single digit minus F temps are pretty frequent in the January-February timeframes.      Will all of these things be defined in an operation/storage specification?

Terri

On Sep 8, 2019, at 11:52 AM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

We have tested our mounts in the deep freezer (24 hours soak) where the temperature is -5F (-20C) and the mount operated perfectly. Encoders worked fine. I think if your conditions were such that you would see temps drop to -25F on a typical day/night cycle then I would definitely go for the extended range version.

From: sreilly24590@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Sun, Sep 8, 2019 10:13 am
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: Mach2 price and specs are now on the AP website

Just an old man’s wonderings but could small heaters be used, think dew like heaters, where the encoders are installed for colder than usual times. But then again Roland did say it would diminish results but not enough to even consider not imaging. Now if you were in a climate where this was more the normal I’d think you may need a solution to make it work more often. Just saying out loud.