Re: M33 Finally a new moon and clear skies

steven ho

Thank you Roland. Can I please have your Mak? Please!!

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of chris1011@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 4:43 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] M33 Finally a new moon and clear skies

WoW! That big scope is really smokin'

Just for comparison I imaged NGC604 which is one of the nebulae in the spiral arms of M33. That image was done about 25 years ago.

http://www.csun.edu/~rprovin/roland/ngc604.html

This image was done with one of the first CCD cameras, an ST10, which is crude by today's standards. I also didn't have narrowband filters in those days. I used my 10" F14.6 Mak at 3708mm focal length on a 900 mount (non Goto servo drive). Nowadays we are lucky to have much better equipment, in fact i plan to re-image that object from my light polluted observatory at some point, using that original 10" Mak and a much more sensitive CCD camera.