Re: Remote desktop software weird behaviour

Ray Gralak

Hi Dale,

I think the concern is that when someone who has a commercial TV account (such as A-P) connects to someone
else who uses TV under a free, non-commercial account, TeamViewer Inc. then considers the free account to be
engaging in commercial activity due to association with the commercial account and thus pulls out the ban
hammer.
Understood. I agree that TV is detecting false positives, but that is the cost of using their software for free. I don't blame them
for wanting to keep their doors open by trying to prevent commercial users from using their product for free. The use pattern of a
commercial customer is probably similar to the way people want to use it for monitoring a computer remotely for their telescope.
It's too bad they don't offer a low-cost personal use license that eliminates the "commercial checking" scheme they are using.

Personally I just make sure I install the Pro version of Windows and use Remote Desktop. I have also had good luck with Radmin,
which is relatively inexpensive ($49 for a server license).

-Ray Gralak