Re: GTO Keypad Freezes Problem

Terry,
>>I have a voltage meter attached to the battery that displays the battery voltage. Do you know whether a short drop in voltage caused by connecting an additional CCD camera and PC would to the battery would cause the keypad to lock-up if the keypad was already attached to teh battery?<<

Roland said that this is likely to happen. Your meter is reading an average and will not show dips. Gel cells have internal resistance which will cause voltage drop when the load changes. When you connect an additional CCD camera and PC the load will drop below 9 volts and the keypad will reset or it may affect the GTO circuit itself and cause the keypad to lock up.

We recommend that you use a large marine battery that is not a gel cell and hook everything up to it before powering up the GTO.
Hope this helps. Thank you for providing me with another issue to address in the troubleshooting section of the manual.

Marj, Astro-Physics