Re: GTO Keypad Freezes Problem

Terry,
>>I have a voltage meter attached to the battery that displays the battery voltage. Do you know whether a short drop in voltage caused by connecting an additional CCD camera and PC would to the battery would cause the keypad to lock-up if the keypad was already attached to teh battery?<<

Roland said that this is likely to happen. Your meter is reading an average and will not show dips. Gel cells have internal resistance which will cause voltage drop when the load changes. When you connect an additional CCD camera and PC the load will drop below 9 volts and the keypad will reset or it may affect the GTO circuit itself and cause the keypad to lock up.

We recommend that you use a large marine battery that is not a gel cell and hook everything up to it before powering up the GTO.
Hope this helps. Thank you for providing me with another issue to address in the troubleshooting section of the manual.

Marj, Astro-Physics

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 11:35 PM
To: ap-gto@...;
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] GTO Keypad Freezes Problem

Bob, I have a voltage meter attached to the battery that displays the battery voltage. Do you know whether a short drop in voltage caused by connecting an additional CCD camera and PC would to the battery would cause the keypad to lock-up if the keypad was already attached to teh battery?

Thanks...Terry Johnson
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] GTO Keypad Freezes Problem

You have tested it at 12.8 volts or that is what it is rated to produce?

I was getting under 12 volts when I had the problem. After I switched
to a marine deep cycle 60AH battery, no problems--I can run for 2-3
nights on one charge. Just the scope though, nothing else on it.

Regards,
Bob Kuberek

Terry Johnson wrote:

Bob, when you speak of undervoltage, when do you consider the voltage to be too low. My 88 amp battery with all the systems connected puts out 12.8 volts when the battery is fully charged to 12.2 volts after six hours of usage.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.