Re: Remote desktop software weird behavior

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

I've used TightVNC for a decade plus with no sniffing/clouds/harassment.

Michael Fulbright

On 8/13/19 11:40 AM, george.labelle@... [ap-gto] wrote:

The problem with RealVNC (free version) is that it is "Cloud" based only. I'd rather have a direct connect over local lan, mainly because I'm in a rural area (at 4,100 ft ;-) and ISP is over uW with data metering.

While I agree $100 for Win10Pro doesn't seem like much, there's still the danger and hassle of having to upgrade the whole OS.

And the question wasn't answered - do you need Pro on both host and controller?