Re: Remote desktop software weird behaviour

Ross Salinger <rgsalinger@...>

I don't know what an "eagle" is but I have only tested it with TV . With Windows RD you don't need it. I use it on two systems right now. I keep my planetarium on one screen with the guide graph at the bottom and the rest of the "stuff" on the other screen. Oddly I cannot get it to work on a "shuttle" PC that I use with the AP1600 that I run for a bunch of people. Can't figure out why.

Rgrds-Ross

On 8/13/2019 8:21 AM, Wayne wayneh9026@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Thanks! I didn’t know such things existed. My Eagle has 2 HDMI ports, I’m thinking this will let me mirror the 2 screens on the Eagle to the 2 screens on my inside PC?

On Aug 13, 2019, at 7:57 AM, Ross Salinger rgsalinger@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF

Honestly, if you own an AP mount then spending 100 bucks on software really cannot break the bank :).

Rgrds-Ross

On 8/13/2019 7:28 AM, Wayne wayneh9026@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Ross, what do you mean by dummy video plugs?

On Aug 13, 2019, at 7:01 AM, Ross Salinger rgsalinger@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Windows remote desktop is only good on a LAN. On a LAN it's by far the better product. I use dummy video plugs in my (3) remote computers so that I can use dual screens when imaging. Much easier on my aging eyes to not have to peer at small stuff on a screen.

Rgrds-Ross

On 8/13/2019 1:39 AM, Bill Long bill@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Windows Remote Desktop. Free. Works great. Requires Windows Pro on the target machine.