Re: Remote desktop software weird behavior

Benoit Schillings

Chrome remote desktop.good,free and secure

-- benoit

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 11:43 AM benjamin.e.c.koltenbah@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I'll second Joe's recommendation about using local LAN connections only with TV when connecting between the house and backyard observatory.  This is what I do.  For one thing, it's much more efficient since the connection doesn't go through the entire internet.  Second, the activity may (I stress may) not fall under TV's scrutiny as being a commercial enterprise.

I have not yet had the pleasure of coming under TV's scrutiny, and it may be because I just use it locally within my firewall.  But I do know that TV reaches out to its home website to check for updates.  Knowing that it could happen and would likely happen right in the middle of an imaging session, I have set up Remote Desktop as a backup on one of my imaging computers since it runs Windows 10 Pro.

I just set up another imaging rig, however, and it runs off a laptop with Windows 10 Home, meaning no Remote Desktop here.  Sounds like it would be a good idea to have one of the VNC applications on standby as well!

Best Regards,
Ben