1600 GTO balance question

Mike Shade

There was something a few days ago about balance on a 1600.  I believe someone offered that if the mount is significantly out of balance there can be some issues with the gears or some such thing.

I have a first generation 1600 and it will rarely be somewhat out of balance (removing the imaging train to check collimation or the very rare visual foray).  How much out of balance is tolerable?  There is no way to rebalance the OTA, which weighs 140#.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution