Re: Recovery of a Lost Mount
Plate solves can fail for a number of innocent reasons.
1. The odd cloud passing through.
2. Proximity to the Moon.
3. Local transient light trespass.
4. Low transparency.
6. The odd police helicopter in the neighborhood.
7. Observatory lights left on.
8. Optics not yet thermally stabilized for the night.
9. Bad local seeing for some reason.
10. Slipped optical coupling point someplace.
11. Loose screw(s) someplace in the OTA or mount connections.
12. Transient guest in the observatory who accidentally disturbed something.
13. Shift due to earthquake or nearby heavy construction.
14 You get the idea...
Waikoloa, HI 96738