Re: PemPro question

Roland Christen

It really doesn't matter if you bin or not. Pempro will ignore the noise component of the seeing. Just run enough cycles to average out the true PE curve if the seeing is not perfect.

From: 'Mike Shade' mshade@q.com [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sat, Jun 1, 2019 8:31 am
Subject: [ap-gto] PemPro question

Have a question about training a PEC curve on my 1600GTO.  Running a Planewave CDK 17/SBIG STL6303E camera.  Unbinned image scale is .63"/pixel.  I have always gathered data binned 1x, and have gathered date near the zenith.  Curious if I might have better data to bin 2x2 (1.26"/pixel)?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience on this?  Seeing at my current location tends to run about 2", sometimes a little worse, and sometimes a little better...

Still running PP 2.8.

Thanks.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com
Mike J. Shade Photography: