Not quite, this is what Qiu says, it is requiered only if you use atmospheric refraction option which I do no use.

Renan

Re: Polemaster facing East?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:17 am »
Yes, this is for the atmospheric refraction calibration. If you use this function you need to fact to east.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Logged
Qiu Hongyun

From: cytan299@yahoo.com [ap-gto]
Sent: martes, 28 de mayo de 2019 16:05
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: which adaptor for polemaster: universal mount oradaptor for ap 900

Hi Tony,
   I just saw your videos. Unfortunately, I think you missed something important: the USB connector on the Polemaster must be oriented to the *left* when you look at it towards the south. Here's the relevant part from the manual (2nd page)

With your mount in the park position (weights down, telescope pointing up), stand to the north of the mount facing south. Insert the quick install plate into the base mount adapter ensuring that the USB socket faces to the left (east). This position aligns the PoleMaster’s sensor correctly and makes azimuth and altitude adjustments during polar alignment ...

cytan