New Setup Questions

Mark Jenkins <markj@...>

Hi all,

I posted this to s.a.a. on 6/14 but have not received any feedback. I
figured this would be an appropriate place!

I would like to setup the following:

(1) TeleVue Genesis SDF

(2) AP 400GTO Mount

(3) Guidescope on top. I looked into the Losmandy "side by side" but prefer
"on-top" unless anyone can convince me that "side by side" is a better
solution.

(4) 35mm Nikon or Medium Format (Pentax 6x7 or Hasselblad/Mamyia type)
PiggyBacked to the GuideScope and able to support 28mm - 200mm lenses.

Concerned about Orthogonality. (spelling?)

Concerned about weight.

The 400GTO is scheduled to be delivered next month along with a 48" AP
portable pier.

I have not yet ordered any mounting plates, rings, etc. I really like the AP
Dovetail system but AP does not make rings that will fit the Genesis.
Although I can use the AP Dovetail with a Losmandy Universal plate if I
remember correctly.

Marj suggested the Parallax Rings. I think I would need some sort of custom
drilling/taping performed which is not a problem. What we talked about
looked to me like the guidescope rings would only be attached by a single
bolt in the center. Will this provide enough rigidity? I would like the
guidscope rings to be mounted with a Dovetail system for quick
setup/removal.

I've heard of orthogonality problems with the parallax rings. Is this common
problem?

Looking for suggestions for an appropriate guidescope (I'm considering the
80mm AP). Also want advice on mounting plates, rings and camera attachment.

I would like to let the camera take wide field long exposures while tracking
with an ST-5C and simultaneously doing multiple integration's of DSOs with a
yet to be purchased CCD imager on the Genesis.

Am I trying to do too many things at once here?

TIA

--
Clear Skies!

Mark Jenkins