Re: GOTO accuracy for stars vs DSOs

Charles Thompson

I have been in this hobby for less than a year and agree with David. I tried Astro Photography Tool (APT) first but quickly switched to SGP because it was easier to get support for. It did take me a couple nights to get everything configured but I have gained MUCH more data over the same time than without it. I am new and can be collecting data in less than 5 minutes after polar alignment. Before SGP it could easily take me an hour to do exactly what you are describing. If you ever need help with SGP there are many of us out there that would be happy to help.

Thanks,
Charles