Re: ANYONE using GTO4 and INDI?

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

I did what I could to improve the AP INDI driver to the point I've used it for 2 years for all night imaging.  When I started it barely worked.  But it doesn't have some of the nice features you'd want for unattended imaging.  Without further documentation I have pretty much backed away from working on it as it does everything I needed at the time.   Just looking at the protocol traffic from the ASCOM driver in the logs is enough to tell there is a a significant fraction of the features of the mount we can't access at this point.

Michael Fulbright

On 4/24/19 4:45 PM, Dale Ghent daleg@... [ap-gto] wrote:

I don't think it's so much the amount of engineering that's needed that's the issue. While they can be involved, drivers on this level really aren't complex things. A better-documented wire protocol would certainly help greatly in any respect. Alpaca won't solve any problems in this regard, either, unless an Alpca service were implemented on the CP4/CP5 itself. While that would be cool, I have issues with certain aspects of Alpaca that leave me luke-warm about it overall.

/dale