Mach 1 Balance

Bruce Donzanti

I have a couple of quick questions:

1-  If I am initializing from Park4, should I balance the Dec axis (scope horizontally) from that position?  I ask because I realized the OTA does not horizontally balance when you flip it 180 degrees and I had assumed it would.

2-  Precise balance is best done with the heaviest weights up top and using the smallest weight for fine balance to address inertial moment arm effects.  Now with the accessories on my C11", 3 of the weights are low, one in the middle and 1 up top as that is the only way to balance the scope.  Anyway to be concerned or addressed it or is that simply the only way to do it?

Thanks