Re: Initial alignment

Bruce Donzanti

Permanent - thanks both

I'll download and try it.  I thought I had things worked out then I made some adjustments on the scope and now alignment is off again.  Guess I can try to check ortho issue if I find the easiest method from up that high to do it.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM Christopher Erickson christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Permanent pier or temporary setups? If it is permanent then you only need to align once after the first setup.

Ortho error might be making your life more complicated. Evaluate it and fix it.

Besides all-sky plate solve, some people put a tiny refractor on their main scope with its own camera. This can help with pointing confirmation and remote alignment recovery.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019, 9:17 AM Wayne wayneh9026@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

All sky plate solve?

On Feb 23, 2019, at 11:13 AM, donzantib@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I recently put my C11' on a mount about 11 or so feet above the ground.  So, using a finder scope to center an object after slewing from parked position 4 is no longer practical.  If the object is not on my software screen, I'm lost and I have a very narrow FOV at f/10.  What is the best way to approach this problem?