Re: Wirless Microphone... HELP!

Paul Hyndman <pghyndman@...>

Hi Charles,

I'm tempted to just order a Shure wireless mike, but the info on their site
seems to allude to 15-18VDC operation (or AC rack-mount) receivers... YIKES!
I'm trying to minimize the amount of cra... er, uh... sophisticated
equipment I need to support my habit, er... hobby, and would like to have
something that can be powered directly from a 12VDC source. Any idea if
Shure has such an animal?

Paul

PS: Congratulations on your engagement!

Snip---->

I have had reports of users using the sure wireless, this is a
much more expensive one, and reports are it works great.

I picked up a Radio Shack FM Wireless Microphone System (#32-1221B),
as it seemed to meet the requirements for DSV and was capable of
being driven by my DC source, but some key phrases (ie: Constellation
Ursa Major/Ursa Minor etc.) are all but unrecognized. This has me
wondering if I should just return it and look for a better system (or
microphone... I was planning to replace the small lapel mike with a
headset one if this system is otherwise okay). Herein lies my problem:

I checked out the DSV site, and it does list many mikes/systems, but
does not rank the relative success of them with the system or the
ease of integrating them for outdoor portability... I want a receiver
that does not require additional inverters,converters, or adapters to
allow it to run from my big-bad 12VDC source.

Oh yeah... the Radio Shack sytem does work with the vast majority of
phrases, but the 10% (or so) that it does not work with, makes for a
very frustrating experience!