Re: AC-DC Power supply for AP Mach1 GTO CP4

Joe Zeglinski

Ron,

    Your linked article describes their product as strictly a “BENCH TOP switching power supply”, with no mention  of its operating temperature range, (obviously, not required), if used outdoors – or even if is safe to do so. The specs only mention “over temperature” protection by an automatic fan, but what about warranty at below freezing?

    Guess, as usual, we astronomy hobbyists just take our chances with consumer use intended products. But, having operating temperature specs would be more reassuring, and even protect the company from legal liability.

    Actually, it looks similar to the Powerwrx supply. Maybe it is a relabelled version.

Joe