Re: Up close and personal with M2 and NGC891

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Two very nice images Geof!

Stuart

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 at 05:19, geoflewis@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi fellow imagers,
After almost 6 months of planetary imaging I've just got back to some DSO work with my QSI583wsg-5. These two are taken through my C14 with Optec telecompressor in train, for an effective ~F7.
My plan this year is to do more wider field nebula work with my 4" APO, but I can never resist trying my hand with the C14, as I do like to get in close.
The C14 is mounted on a the very stable platform that is the 10 year old AP1200GTO CP3, so even at this scale I was getting average RMs of 0.5 arc seconds on both axes, with extended periods closer to 0.3 arc seconds.
Anyway, I hope that you enjoy my attempts at these 2 targets. Capture details are below each image; click on the image for higher resolution.

Regards,

Geof