Re: Daylight Savings Time

Jack Huerkamp

Rolando,

Right now I have it set to EXT as I use APCC.  But from what you have said, I can change the setting to YES, and when I power up the mount it will initialize the mount.  I can then start APCC, unpark it and then it will work normally. 

Is that correct?

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC.

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452

985-445-5063 (Mobile)

mallincamusa@...

www.mallincamusa.com

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 2:05 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Daylight Savings Time

so I will have to check to see if I have Autoconnect set to YES.

Setting of YES just means that the keypad will initialize the mount when you turn the power on, if the keypad is plugged in. A setting of EXT means that the keypad will not initialize the mount and will wait for APCC to do that function.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Jack Huerkamp' mallincamusa@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Wed, Nov 7, 2018 1:35 pm
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Daylight Savings Time

I have a permanent mounted AP1600.  I do use APCC most of the time, but occasionally I use the keypad, so I will have to check to see if I have Autoconnect set to YES.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452

985-445-5063 (Mobile)

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:01 PM

If you read the document, it says:

"This applies primarily to permanently mounted systems that have their keypad’s Auto-connect feature set to “YES”."

Even if you have a permanent mount and have Autoconnect YES, there is no problem if you never change the clock time and daylight savings.

Rolando

Sent: Wed, Nov 7, 2018 12:28 pm
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Daylight Savings Time

Jack,

If you read the document, it says:

"This applies primarily to permanently mounted systems that have their keypad’s Auto-connect feature set to “YES”."

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <mallincamusa@...> wrote :

Rolando,

If I can leave the keypad alone, why is there a PDF listed on your website that addresses resetting time in the keypad semi-annually:

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452

985-445-5063 (Mobile)

mallincamusa@...

Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2018 10:21 AM

and was wondering if I have to reset the hand controller on the AP1600 now that we are back to standard time?

You can leave the keypad alone. If you want to use the keypad as your watch then set the time and daylight savings to the current conditions. Otherwise leave it alone and the keypad will always send the correct time to the mount regardless if you change the clock in the spring or fall. In other words, one setting, either winter time with daylight savings set to zero or summer time with daylight savings set to 1 results in exactly the same time being sent to the mount servo.

I never change the hours and daylight savings number on my keypad, I just tweak the minutes and seconds if I want to be really anal about sending exact time to the mount.

Rolando

Sent: Sun, Nov 4, 2018 9:47 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Daylight Savings Time

I have an AP1600 and also the Standard version of APCC.  I do not always use APCC and was wondering if I have to reset the hand controller on the AP1600 now that we are back to standard time?

Yours truly,

Jack Huerkamp

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.