It would be nice to have complete documentation for how to use the mount so I could get the most out of it.  The 'G' protocol that is the current level of documentation is inadequate.    It would also be a nice move to have documentation so an open source tool to generate and program PEC curves could be developed.   I would really like to get away from needing Windows for any part of my imaging solution and unfortunately this is not possible with AP mounts (yet).  At the moment I find that a con for using AP mounts and if there was another high end solution offering this I'd be tempted.   And no running SkyX on a Raspberry Pi is not a solution imho.

Certainly better INDI support is not necessary for most users and their use cases, but I don't see this as a zero sum game since volunteers out there would provide the majority of the heavy lifting for these open source efforts.  Really just needs documentation so people can understand how the hardware they own works.

Michael Fulbright

On 10/6/2018 5:17 AM, Bill Long bill@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Could use the open source model of testing, have the users that want it, test it.

Even MS does this. :)

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 10:15 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: SGP Pier Flip and APCC

Hi Bill,

> On this "Yes" vs "No" trend, has AP even thought about real INDI support?

You'll need to ask Howard or Marj for an update on the protocol document.

> Half the work has already been done by Mike. Taking it to the finish line cant be that hard.

Nothing against Mike here, because he wouldn't know this without the updated document that Howard is producing, but it looks like
the INDI driver probably needs a lot more work to support the different firmware variations. And a lot of testing...

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak