Re: Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Mike, the filename doesn't change but if you check the Help->About TheSkyX you'll see your actual Daily Build number there and can compare to what the latest version is on the Bisque downloads page.

Stuart

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 at 19:14, Mike Dodd mike@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

On 8/31/2018 5:41 PM, ccoop974@... [ap-gto] wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> My AP 1200 started the same exact behavior a couple of weeks ago. I have
> never seen this before.

I never saw it either in the 5-6 times I used Jog previously.

> I am not sure if its related but; I had downloaded the latest daily
> build sometime before this started.

My latest Daily Build is "TheSkyX Pro DBI Version 10.5.0.exe" dated
6/12/18. This doesn't sound very "daily" to me. Do the contents change
even if the version number and date don't? I have installed that one,
but probably haven't used the Jog buttons until this week.

> Interestingly, using the "move Telescope" buttons in the Sky did not
> create this runaway slew.

I don't think I've used those buttons -- only the Jog buttons.

No matter.... I can use the AP1200 keypad to center the star in the
finder scope, then do a Recalibrate in SkyX to adjust the mount's sky model.

-- Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com
Louisa County, Virginia USA