Re: Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

Mike Dodd

On 8/31/2018 5:41 PM, ccoop974@aol.com [ap-gto] wrote:

Hi Mike,

My AP 1200 started the same exact behavior a couple of weeks ago. I have
never seen this before.
I never saw it either in the 5-6 times I used Jog previously.

I am not sure if its related but; I had downloaded the latest daily
build sometime before this started.
My latest Daily Build is "TheSkyX Pro DBI Version 10.5.0.exe" dated 6/12/18. This doesn't sound very "daily" to me. Do the contents change even if the version number and date don't? I have installed that one, but probably haven't used the Jog buttons until this week.

Interestingly, using the "move Telescope" buttons in the Sky did not
create this runaway slew.
I don't think I've used those buttons -- only the Jog buttons.

No matter.... I can use the AP1200 keypad to center the star in the finder scope, then do a Recalibrate in SkyX to adjust the mount's sky model.

-- Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com
Louisa County, Virginia USA