Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

Mike Dodd

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the Bisque support forum, but I'll try here first.

Tonight I'm running some autoguider tests with my AP1200 connected to TheSkyX via ASCOM.

I slewed to a star in TSX, but it wasn't centered, so I used the Jog controls in TSX to center it. I first jogged right 10 arcmin, but when the star was no longer in the finder scope, I tried to Job left 30 arcmin. TSX told me to wait until the previous job completed.

That's when I noticed the scope was still moving westward, and had crossed the meridian to a CW-up orientation. I canceled the jog and slewed back to the star, and jogged left. It looked like the scope moved eastward, but then began moving slowly westward. I canceled again, and slewed back to the star. I tried a third jog with the same resut.

I gave up, and centered the star with the GTO keypad, then did a Recal in TheSkyX.

After each slew completed, the AP1200 behaved normally.

This is the first time I've seen a jog run away. Does anyone have any idea what happened, and how to prevent it?

Thanks.

-- Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com