Re: Slew rates

mike.hambrick@...

Interesting. I just realized that the 1100 mount has the same steps from 64X to 600X. However, I think you are exaggerating on the noise level. There is no way that the 1200X slew rate makes as much noise as sliding the counterweights up and down the counterweight shaft when they don't have those little bronze inserts on the ID. I have described the sound as being like 30 insubordinate kindergarteners simultaneously scraping their fingernails down a chalk board.

I will concede that this may not be an issue for the Mach 1 if you use the standard 1-1/8" counterweight shaft. because I think that those counterweights can be had with the bronze inserts.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support