Re: 1100GTO not holding polar alignment

mike.hambrick@...

Hi Joe

Thanks for the tip about using toothed lock washers. I noticed this issue a couple weeks ago when I was re-establishing the balance points for my 1100 mount with a new SBIG STXL 16200 camera as well as a new DOVELM162 saddle and SBD16 dovetail plate.

After I was finished and was disassebbling everything I noticed that the base of the mount had tilted upwards slightly. Of course there were some pretty good moment arm loads on it until I got it balanced, but I can see where using toothed lock washers would reduce the chance that everything will shift.