Re: 1100GTO not holding polar alignment

Christopher Erickson

Either something is assembled incorrectly or your pier/tripod/ground has something going on.

What kind of ground?

What kind of pier/tripod?

Maybe grab the mount head and try to wiggle it around a bit.  Where does any flexure take place?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 5:27 PM Joe Renzetti axnyslie@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:
Well I’m still trying to resolve this problem with no luck and it seems to be getting worse. Both the alt and az moves significantly when slewing and not even that far, like 20 degrees. No matter how much I tighten it down with Allen wrenches it won’t hold. Plus tonight it was drifting quite a bit. I was only doing 60 second subs and the stars are decent but within 30 minutes the target moved off center quite a bit. Plus I had several oscillation errors. Can’t say I’m happy at all now I expect a lot better from a premium mount and this is sub par performance for sure.

Joe

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: