Re: Some doubts about the use of the clutch knobs on the Mach1

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

I would slew the mount with the keypad till it is pointed at the panel then turn tracking off then when done send it to Park 3 and you'll be way more accurate next use.

Stuart

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 at 15:09, marfig1970@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I have some doubts about the correct use of the clutch knobs on the Mach1. Let me explain:

I have my mount located in my backyard on a semi-permanent basis (Park 3 position). When I have to take flats this is what I do:

(All this with the mount turned off)

- I release the clutch knobs and point my telescope at my LED panel.

- I tighten the clutch knobs again (I don't want any accidental movement).

- I take my flats.

- I release the clutch knobs and move the mount back to Park 3.

- I tighten the clutch knobs again.

Is this procedure okay or is it better to move the mount using my computer (or keypad)? I know I'm not going to damage anything, but I'm afraid it might affect the precise tracking or something.

Thank you,