(OT) Observatory site placement

Mike Shade

Curious as to thoughts on observatory site locations in regards to seeing.  Especially interested in the role that topography may play.  Am looking in very rural New Mexico, elevations running between 7250 and say 7800 feet.  I am well aware of the obvious-not in a valley or low spot, don't look over the house, this sort of thing.  Curious as to the role of elevation and mountains and the potential of down drafts from the mountains.

This can of course be taken off the list but I know some folks have some extensive experience.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution