Re: First light with Mach1 - a query

Ron Kramer

It took me some months to achieve what I'm getting now.  Last night - It was a bit poorer, I was seeing smaller stars look like horizontal lines. After 9 subs and much wondering - why I'd see a horizonal elongation, it HIT ME...  I forgot to turn off the dome fan. (fan used to keep condensation from forming on the mount/scope) once I turned it off I went from .55 to .35 simply due to no fan blowing on the scope.  Goes to show - how little 1 micron is. = )

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 12:33 AM privatekey42@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks guys. Your guiding seems better than mine but early days yet😊