Re: First light with Mach1 - a query

Bill Long

In my experience, that error usually indicates that something has gone awry.

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, August 4, 2018 3:45 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: First light with Mach1 - a query

Hi Paul,

> I guess one side question out of my long-winded
> one that I'd be keen to see if there's an answer
> to is is there a way to force the driver (or APCC
> or whatever) to accept an RCAL it thinks is
>too far out.

In APCC's Advanced Settings dialog there is an option called "Prevent Errant RECALs". Disabling that option will eliminate the 5 degree limit. However, I recommend that you enable the option again afterwards to prevent any potentially bad plate solves from recalibrating the mount to the wrong position.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak