Re: 1100GTO not holding polar alignment

George

Joe,

Use a lighter rather than a heavy hand when tightening.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Email:  george@...

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 3:10 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1100GTO not holding polar alignment

I didn't see that until this morning. I will lock them down with the hex key from now on and test by trial and error how much torque they need.

Joe

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:02 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I don't know if there's much I can do with the azimuth adjustment parts though and that's where most of the movement is.

It's possible that you did not see my post about the two hex head set screws that tighten the azimuth axis. These screws can be tightened down to fix the azimuth in place. It's in a previous post from yesterday.

Roland Christen

Astro-Physics

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Tue, Jul 31, 2018 8:37 am
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] 1100GTO not holding polar alignment

It's always on pavement

Both LT2APM and ADATRI adapters are well secure

The Losmandy tripod is usually not adjusted, when is it, the legs need extended only a little and are secured.

That brings up one possibility I usually am no too concerned with the tripod being leveled, the level bubble is only off a little just outside the circle. I wonder if that may contribute.

So I'm considering disassembling and cleaning the mount. The RA axis section looks easy to take apart per the manual. I don't know if there's much I can do with the azimuth adjustment parts though and that's where most of the movement is.

Joe

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.