Re: Question for SkySafari users

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Woody, thanks! That is a great endorsement!

Stuart

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 at 16:34, 'Woody Schlom' woody@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Stuart,

Glad you figured that part out.

I’ve been using SkySafari Pro and various Android tablets and phones to control my Mach1 for years. Using Android, I used the wireless Bluetooth to serial adapter. When they came out with the SkyFi-III device which contains a built-in battery and works with both iOS and Android, I got one of those. But I still mostly use my old RN-270 Bluetooth to serial adapter.. Love it for visual and my live astro-video public outreach events. Kids love seeing the mount and scope being controlled by a cell phone or tablet too. They relate to those devices much more than computers or hand-controls.

Woody

From: ap-gto@... <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2018 1:23 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Question for SkySafari users

Ooops! Like always, the moment I ASK the question I figure it out. I needed Skysafari PLUS. Sorry for the noise.

Stuart

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 at 16:21, Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@... stuart.j.heggie@...> > wrote:

I just downloaded it to my iPhone expecting to be able to control my AP900GTO / CP4 with my phone. I don't see anything remotely related to connecting to a telescope. Their website says it does it but then mentions two other products, SkyFi and Skywire that are not in the App store (Apple). Nice program for being outside I guess but the point was to control the scope. Help?

--

Stuart Heggie

http://www.stuartheggie.com/featured.html

--