Re: Things that customers do that drive me nuts on CN

Bill Long

Good to hear.

Throughout this, it sounded like you were equating low MinMo values to better images. Not sure if you were actually intending to do that, but its most certainly not the case. Getting the correct guiding parameters set should allow you to get the best images your seeing will allow for.

From: ap-gto@... on behalf of stephenjwinston@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:14 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: Things that customers do that drive me nuts on CN

An update from last night's imaging run - and it's good news :)

I gathered some more data on NGC7000, including doing an automated meridian flip using SGP.  The guide settings matched a lot of what has been recommended here: 2s exposures and MinMove of 0.40 on DEC.  The results look pretty good :)

One caveat being that imaging NGC7000 is basically straight up from my location when it crosses the meridian, and that has been my least problematic orientation for the mount.  I'll be repeating those guide settings tonight on M16 or M8 to see if it also has the same positive result.

Steve