check my PRism configuration.  I WANT TO USE IT.  But time will tell.

On the other hand I love WWT for goto's.  No other program shows actual full sky surveys.  I wanted to do some test the other day and IC5070 is just below my tree line.  Using WWT I could see other areas of interest above the tree line and did some sweet image of the outer fringes that I felt were more interesting than the Pelican itself.  Only because in WWT I could see them and click on the spot and the mach1 nailed it. (as it always does). I've found no need for a pointing model. HOWEVER I am now only at 1210 fl and that may be very different for those in the 2000+ focal length area.

Biggest problem with Prism is (few if anyone use it in the U.S.) so it's hard to get experienced help.  From what I've heard it's extremely popular in Europe. In use for over 10 years.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 10:09 PM Bill Long bill@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

SkyX doesnt do meridian flips. :( LTI does, but then it doesnt do guiding.

Thus my APPM journey!

From: ap-gto@... <ap-gto@...> on behalf of 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2018 6:57 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Mach 1 Software

Hi Ron,

> PRISM it does IT ALL in one program.

I am not so sure about that. TheSkyX software is probably a better example of an "all in one" astronomy program because TheSkyX doesn't even need an ASCOM driver for many mounts, unlike PRISM which I think requires ASCOM mount drivers. Besides, having a monolithic all in one program is not necessarily an advantage because you may be out of luck if a camera or other hardware component you want to buy in the future is not supported.

Also, I think there may be some misleading information in its set of features. For instance, I think that Prism Pro says "PEC" is one of its features. That's "Periodic Error Correction" to most people. However, while I think Prism can measure periodic error, can it upload a PEC curve into an AP mount like PEMPro can? I diddn't see that it could. If all it does is measure PE then I think there are probably better free software applications to analyze periodic error, like my (free) PEMPro Log Analyzer that can analyze PHD2 and PEMPro logs.

And while Prism Pro does pointing correction it doesn't seem to do tracking rate correction like APCC Pro, or TheSkyX's ProTrack.

Ron, please feel free to correct anything above that you believe is wrong.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak