Re: Things that customers do that drive me nuts on CN

Stephen Winston

>You say that you have seen peak Dec errors of 3.71 arc seconds. Well the fact is that this error happened in the past and the next measurement may show a different position of the star,

Again, to try clarify:  The 3.71 arc seconds error is what PHD2 Guiding Assistant measured as the Peak Error while calibrating with DEC tracking disabled.

Bill had suggested that users should us the Peak Error from PHD GA to set MinMo.

I was just making the point that the GA measured Peak Error is not necessarily the right metric to set MinMo - in my case it would mean setting MinMo to 1.25 px