Re: AP1200 success

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Congrats Mike! In addition to George's point, I'd recommend having a look at Control-by-Web products. I use them to open/close my roll-off and my clamshell dome. They make great products. Not knocking a DIY approach but if you're in a hurry ... have a look at those.

Stuart

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 13:08, Mike Dodd mike@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I'm pleased to report that last night I successfully got TheSkyX talking
to my AP1200 via the ASCOM driver (TeleAPI) following the instructions
in the TeleAPI-ReadMe.txt file provided with the ASCOM driver (thanks, Ray).

I also successfully performed a software synchronization, as described
in the X user guide, and recommended by folks in this group. (The ASCOM
driver is set to always use re-cal for syncs.)

The new observatory is functional, and I can place targets on the camera
sensor.

All I need to do now is build an Arduino board to remotely open and
close the roof, and build a remotely operated telescope lens cap. :-)

Thank you to all who provided information, suggestions, and recommendations.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com